Skip to main content

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this.

I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea....

The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the cross for all of us, but the grave could not hold HIM - HE ROSE!  You can read about it starting in  Matthew 28.
































Feel free to use this, share it, pin it, link it...  whatever it is you do.  Hope that you have a great Easter!  Love to you all! OUR SAVIOR IS RISEN - HE IS RISEN INDEED! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you fight about?

I heard a blood curdling scream from the other room, followed by the cries of my other child and then a smack.   I had been sitting at the computer, and leaned my head back closed my eyes, took a deep breath and went to encounter the argument head on.   Apparently my youngest daughter was playing with a stuffed giraffe that my oldest daughter sometimes sleeps with.   Amidst the crying and tears, I was able to formulate the events that took place.   My youngest daughter had gone to the toy room and gotten the giraffe (a green 16” giraffe with brown spots) out of the room and brought it into the other room.   Here, the older sister saw that the coveted giraffe was not in her room and grabbed it from her sister.   The younger one screamed and bit the older sister who then cried and hit the little sister.   As I took another cleansing breath I began dealing with the issue at hand.   It is very difficult to reason with a 2 and 3 year old and let alone a woman, so we ended up agreeing to do

do I mis-use the Bible?

WOW!   This morning I sat and started to read through Ecclesiastes.   I don’t know if the author of Ecclesiastes, Perhaps King Solomon, had a very sarcastic view on life or if he was just babbling.   But I can definitely see how this book could get a lot of people into trouble if they don’t know the full book or continue to read.   There are verses in there that say things like; eat, drink and enjoy the days on earth because they are meaningless, it is good to enjoy your time on earth and do not worry about anything. To get the full meaning of the book, you need to read it all- the true gems are the last two verses.   This book was written by someone (according to my study Bible) that was near the end of his life, he sees man in pursuit of so many things and vainly pursuing hopes and expectations- but faith teaches him that God has ordered all things according to his own purposes and that we need to accept our limitations.   The last two verses are the writers final conclusion: Eccle

predictions...

We were all privileged to see the recent hype about the end of the world coming n May 21 st 2011.   The time came and passed without a rapture, without an earthquake, without a storm…   What were those people thinking and feeling?   This prediction made so many question Christianity and question God in general.   Now there were some good aspects of this prediction.   It got people thinking and talking about salvation and their eternal destiny… and, well, that is all I can think of.   Now lets look at what the non-Christian’s saw: a man, claiming to know the answer, claiming that he was right, who had a following, a way to spread his message and an amazing amount of money which usually makes you right in America.   If you were a non-Christian and you saw this guy talking and then May 21 st came and went, you would either think that Christianity was a crock, or that everything that the Bible says is a lie because his equation came from the Bible.   I had one of my non-Christian friend