Skip to main content

Sin and Diapers

Our lives are like diapers.  Yep people, I went there.  For the past 3.5 years, I have been changing diapers.  As it is drawing to the end of my diapering days, I am noticing that I am more and more grateful that it is ending.  Lets think about it and break it down: 

We sin (pee and poop) in our lives.  If it isn’t taken care of, we start to sink.  Soon, no one wants to be around us.  Finally, (when we are old enough to, but still too young to potty train) we ask to be changed.  We seek out someone that will clean our dirty butts off and make us smell fresh again.  Inevitably we pee or poop (talking about sin here people, so STOP laughing), again and again, that diaper can be taken off by our parents and thrown into the diaper pail also.  If the diaper gets too full, it bursts (not a pretty sight!).  Alright – a pretty easy example to grasp the concept of right?

Well lets dig a little deeper.  Usually, we don’t allow our friends or just a stranger to change our diaper.  Usually, it is our parents that end up with diaper duty (or dooty…).  Just like we change our children’s diapers when they are young, Jesus comes and will change our spiritual diapers.  He will take it off and get rid of the smell, clean our lives and set us off afresh to live again.  Inevitably, we mess up again, but Jesus is right there, if we want him to, he will continue to change and clean our lives.  He will make sure that the diaper is off and out of the house. 

If we ask others to change our mess, then we could end up with our sin sitting somewhere that we don’t want it to be.  It could sit and fester in the diaper pail.  We might feel all clean and ready to tackle life again, but our house STINKS like urine.  People walk into where we live and it still smells like diaper.  If we trust others to help us and confess to them, and not to Jesus, they may put a diaper in the kitchen trash or leave it in a diaper pail that you hardly use anymore and it could really, really start to get a nasty odor to it. 

When we are young in Christ, we need the diapers, we are still learning that sin isn’t fun, it isn’t fun to sit and stink of sin.  As we grow older, we find that as we are sinning, we are able to bring it to Jesus, and sit on the toilet where He flushes it down in the septic or the sewer, not to be worried about again.  As we mature in Christ, we need to remember to deal with our sin as it is happening.  We need to confess and not sit there and stink up God’s house. 

Romans 3:23-24 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” 

Romans 2:10-11 “there is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.”

Romans 8: 1-2 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”

Thank the Lord that, although we still sin, although we are still unrighteous, that we can come to the Father and He will set us free.  Thank God that we don’t have to live in diapers – that we can be toilet trained and our sins sent away.  Yes, I realize that I am not conventional.  I have never been a conventional type of gal.  I hope and pray that my sin isn’t stinking up the world.  That I can learn to go to Jesus before I sin and be sure to take it to Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the