Skip to main content

Dreaming, Here I am...

I am a dreamer.  I am always thinking of the next big way to make money or make a difference in this world.  I have made stuff out of duct tape, sold Mary Kay, currently sell Avon, but let me tell you, that isn’t even the half of it.  I have thought through not-for-profit scenarios in my head, started ministries, have imagined owning a craft boutique, a wedding planning/event planning business, a pumpkin patch/orchard, a flower shop and about 700 other things.  It has gotten to the point now where my husband just smiles and nods because he know that I am a dreamer and if I am still talking about a month later, then we address it.  I have gone as far as to check on rent in buildings, make business plans, but I don’t have follow through.  Right now I have a finished novel sitting here waiting to be submitted to someone somehow, but it is pretty confusing, so I haven’t done it yet.  Dreaming for me is a blast.  Planning all the little details of something is fun for me.  Unfortunately the little details take time and money and I loose my motivation. 

Last night I couldn’t sleep, yet again, but only after I was woken up by one of my precious babes that ended up in bed with us.  I moved out to the couch to seek relief for my back (which didn’t help at all, but I was able to sleep), while lying there, I was able to look out my front window.  Now you all have most likely heard me complaining about country living, but one of the best parts about country living is the stars.  You can see forever and see all these beautiful stars on a clear night. 

God is a dreamer.  Look around you.  Just look at your fingers moving as you type this morning.  How on earth could THAT have happened by accident?  How could the brain have told the fingers to move by accident?  How could each of us have our own personality by accident?  How are we made important to people by accident?  Fortunately for us – GOD HAS FOLLOW THROUGH! 

He makes some of us dreamers, dome of us doers, some of us dreamers and doers, and he makes some of us happy and content to be where we are.  What we have to decide and figure out is what our calling is.  What is GOD’s dream for our life?  There is a song that I just love.  We used to sing it in chapel at college and you just can’t help but close your eyes and pray it as it is going.  So this is my prayer, my devotion and my hope for today and for my life.  THIS is what I long for.

I, the Lord of sea and sky
I have heard my people cry
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.

I who made the stars and night
I will make the darkness bright
Who will bear my light to them
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord
Is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night
I will go Lord
If you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.


I the Lord of snow and rain
I have borne my people's pain
I have wept for love of them
They turn away.

I will break their hearts of stone
Fill their hearts with love alone
I will speak my word to them
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord
Is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night
I will go Lord
If you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.

I will hold your people in my heart...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Center of God's Will

I was very blessed to go over to some new friend’s home last night and talk with them and others about life in general.   As the topic turned solely to missions late in the evening (as this couple used to travel around bringing the good news to kids around the world, and then lived in a different country for 3 years sharing the gospel) I said something like, it must feel amazing to be right in the center of God’s Will.   To have to rely on Him for protection from the most random events; to have to rely on God to take you out of situations that are dangerous; to rely on Him for every provision that you are given; and most importantly, to be brining the message of Christ to all nations under heaven.   Can you imagine?   Knowing that you are supposed to be right where you are, doing what you are doing, right when you are doing it because you have to, and have chosen to, rely on God for every little aspect of your life.   Well friends, I am not out spreading the me...

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know ...

Let your light SHINE!

Last night, a dear woman inspired me to think a lot about light.   Light and darkness…   One of the most impacting sermons of my teenage times was when I was spelunking (caving) in the Ozarks at camp Kanakuk.   They took us into an inner room in the cave, one God had hollowed out.   And there we sat.   The only light was from our flashlights, which they then told us to find a seat and turn off.   I had never experienced such darkness.   It actually hurt your eyes it was so dark.   We held our hand up in front of our face and couldn’t even see it.   Utter and complete darkness.   Then, our leader started preaching.   He said that the world is like this cave.   The world is a dark place.   It is full of sin and hatred.   It is musty and dank from stagnation and mold.   But then Jesus came.   And he became a light to the world.   At this point, he turned on one little flashlight.   It was a flashligh...