Skip to main content

Mean People Suck...

Most people do not wake up every morning wondering how they can make my life worse.  As a matter of fact, most people don’t wake up thinking about me at all.  They are thinking about their life, their day to day things that they need to do.  They are thinking about their family, God, work, kids, errands they have to run, COFFEE- but rarely do they wake up thinking of me in particular.  I know this, but some days I think that they just MUST be plotting all night on how to make me feel bad, or feel bad about myself.  It is like, everything that I do is judged by someone.  It isn’t always the same person either.  The thing is- most these people don’t intentionally hurt me.  They have plans with me, and life gets in the way.  They mean to call but never do.  They see me at walmart and don’t stop and talk.  They make an arbitrary comment in person or e-mail or on my Facebook status that makes me feel like a bad mom, a bad wife or an all around bad person. 

I know that I am not a bad person, but hearing (or reading) what other people think of me, or my opinions sometimes makes me want to crawl into a hole and hide for the day.  There are a lot of times that I double, triple, quadrouple what I just said to someone and how it most likely made them feel.  There are also times that I don’t think twice about what I said or wrote and could have made someone feel completely awful about everything. 

E-mail and Facebook have really opened up a can of worms too since people can’t hear the tone that you are saying anything in.  It hurts when people don’t respond to emails, comments or take themselves off pictures or pages or don’t like pages that you have suggested to them.  It hurts even worse when you have found out that you have unintentionally hurt someone and they fire back at you.  It is so easy to be discouraged and to think that I am doing something wrong or it is all about me or I made them feel bad when in reality, that is SO SELFISH!!!!!!

I am not the center of the universe just like they aren’t mine.  Their worlds don’t revolve around me and they shouldn’t.  The only person that they and we should put that kind of faith into is God.  It hurts when someone says something mean or does something mean!  I know that I become really defensive when you hit close to a nerve that I fail in often or are trying really hard at and can’t seem to succeed at. 

I think that it all comes back to confidence.  I have to be confident.  Philippians 1:3-6 says “I thank my God every time I remember you, in all my prayers for all of you I always pray with joy because of the partnership in the gospel from this first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” 
So I need to be confident that, if I am following God and seeking his will and living my life In HIM and living out his “good work” that He started in me, that he will continue to carry it on to completion.  That means that I can’t screw it up! 

I also need to be sure that when I am lifting people up in prayer, it isn’t to really tear them down.  I need to pray with joy!  I think that this even extends to those that we don’t have a partnership in the gospel with.  I think that we need to pray with joy for everyone.  Thank the Lord for the good in that person and ask that He continue to grow it and that these “mean” people will see His ways. I think that most people don’t intentionally go out of their way to hurt me, or anyone.  I think that it is just a side effect of the world that we live in. 

Lord, I pray that I will be confident in you, that I will seek our ways and be sure that I am following them.  I pray that the confidence will not be arrogance, or come across that way, but that I will know that I am YOUR child, beautifully and wonderfully made- that you knit me together in my mother’s womb and you have a plan and a purpose for my life.  I pray when I feel torn down by the world, I turn to You and no one else.  I follow your will, your path and your love to guide me.  In Jesus’s Name, amen. 

Hebrews 10:35-36 ”So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.  You need to preserver so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” 

Comments

  1. LOL was this by chance inspired by someone..;-). First it breaks my heart to hear that you get hurt, but guess what I feel the same way. I wear my heart on my sleeve, try to do for others and often feel stepped on, rejected. (Notes to self: put God on a pedestal, no one else, do not rely on others to make you happy, turn to God always)I think you are wonderful and while I do not plot against anyone, I can be opinionated and that offends people & makes me appear judgmental (thinking of getting that tattooed on my forehead so people know ahead of time what they are getting into..lol, joking aside) I do my best to wake up & immediately start focusing/praying for others. Asking God to guide, guard & direct my thoughts, words, footsteps & actions. I get very disappointed in myself when I slip up and get off path. Remind myself to repent, ask forgiveness and learn from my mistakes. Bless you for putting into words what some (me) needed to hear. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the