Skip to main content

Conviction


Lying in bed in the middle of the afternoon, I was breathing, worried about what was actually wrong with my chest.  Was I having a heart attack for the past few days?  Was it actually heartburn?  I lied there and gave my pain to Jesus.  I asked Him to let me know if I should go to the hospital or stay at home.  As I lie there, I felt my rib cage and found a muscle that was inflamed.  About a year ago I had similar pain, not quite so intense, that was diagnosed as Pleurisy, a build up of fluid between the lungs and the rib cage.  I didn’t think it could be that again since I was unable to eat, but I took an anti-inflammatory (which usually chews up my stomach).  I fell asleep for as long as a mom actually gets to fall asleep when her kids are in “quiet time” that usually ends up being not-so-quiet.  I was woken up less than 10 minutes later.  After about an hour, I was in so much less pain it was amazing.  I was ready to eat again, and eat I did! 

God really convicted me.  I have been talking about what He has been teaching me through the episode that I have been facing.  I talk a good talk, but I don’t always give it to God at the beginning.  I think I can handle it, I don’t need help, so I don’t give my own sickness or situations to God.  Most times, I give my day to God, but I have always felt silly asking for His healing and help in my own life.  I have no problems going to Him for others, but for myself, I just don’t do it.  How weird is that?   

John 5
2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. 3 In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [waiting for the moving of the waters; 4 for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.] 5 A man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” 7 The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” 8 Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” 9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.

Jesus can and does still sometimes supernaturally heal people.  We can be like the guy in story.  We believe that he can do these things, but we figure that we have to do it ourselves.  We have to get ourselves into the healing water.  How many times have I gone to do something and not asked for Jesus to take charge of it?  How many times have I tried to be all that I can be, the best Christian, but not put Jesus in charge.  If I just let Jesus take charge and give Him control and have faith in Him, then how different would my life be? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the