Skip to main content

Proud...

On Saturday I got to witness one of the most amazing things in my life.  My little sister got married to the man that is perfect for her.  Now that sounds like something that happens every weekend, and weddings do happen every weekend.  This wedding though, it was really special to me for obvious reasons.  My little sister, the one that I helped learn to color in the lines and helped play soccer with laundry baskets in the garage.  The one that ate super glue when she was younger, got stuck on a bike seat in the garage and pulled a TV AND a dresser on top of herself.  My baby sister who came to musicals with me and to church, and hung out with my friends and me by invitation.  The little girl who I would dress to match even as a senior in high school.  My baby sister dressed in a beautiful white dress, walked down that isle and committed herself for the rest of her life to the man that she has fallen in love with. 

Needless to say if I am this much of a mess now, imagine what I will be like when my kids get married.  I admit that I balled like a baby – in most pictures you will see me crying.  (other than the pictures where they shoved HUGE pieces of cake in each other’s faces- that I was cracking up at!)  I wasn’t crying because I was sad.  I was crying because I was so happy, so proud, so excited for her.  Crying is such a complex symbol of emotions.  It shows pain, sadness, happiness, proudness, exhaustion, allergies…  God made that reaction and it can be absolutely beautiful.  Now once I let loose at the end of the night, it wasn’t so beautiful, but fortunately the reason for the tears was not mis-interpreted. 

Every day we deal with a mess of emotions- good and bad.  We are exhausted, happy, sad, mad, frustrated, happy again… I just thought that it was pretty neat that God made us that way.  I know that I have used this verse before but…  Matthew 6:23, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns; and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?”

We are more valuable than the birds- He made these complex emotions that humans can feel and it is an amazing roller coaster.  And He made us in His image- so God has emotions too people.  Think what emotions your kids (or siblings) put you through every day, we do that to God too!  Lucky Him right?  I am going to strive that if I DO make God tear up, it is because He is proud or happy for me and not saddened by my actions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Bells

My little sister gets married on Saturday – I am really super excited for her.   This is a huge deal and she has found a great guy to get married to.   The wedding will be fun, but the marriage is what counts.   I really think that they are going to be so happy together and I am so excited.   Before the marriage starts though, we are having a big old hooplah- celebration this week – soooo…   since I don’t own a lap-top, I will be taking a break from posting for 1 week   - to resume again on Wed the 27 th . Back to today’s devotion though.   With all the wedding talk, it has really made me think about how we are to be the Bride of Christ.   The Bible talks about it all the time.   Song of Songs is kinda the “weird” book in the Bible.   The bride to be and bridegroom are talking about each other and how much they love each other.   It just this morning occurred to me that it is how God wants our relationship with Him to be.   Le...

Duct Tape

Starting tomorrow I am offering duct tape classes at church for our day camp type program called xplore 2011.   Now… for those of you that don’t know this – I am a little duct tape fanatic.   I love that there are different colors, I love that you can cut it and mold it and shape it and make just about anything with it.   My biggest projects have been purses and wallets, but I also have made tiaras, necklaces, earrings, hair bows, jackets.   I was commissioned by Duck Brand Duct Tape to do the jackets as well as make a lot of flowers.   I think it is a lot of fun! In these camps – we want to have some type of children’s message and I have been struggling to figure out what exactly I was going to talk about until a lady from our church yesterday informed me that we were going to be having a lot of kids from the lower income section of our town coming to this camp.   For my – my response was FANTASTIC!!!   She then reminded me that I needed to make sure...

Center of God's Will

I was very blessed to go over to some new friend’s home last night and talk with them and others about life in general.   As the topic turned solely to missions late in the evening (as this couple used to travel around bringing the good news to kids around the world, and then lived in a different country for 3 years sharing the gospel) I said something like, it must feel amazing to be right in the center of God’s Will.   To have to rely on Him for protection from the most random events; to have to rely on God to take you out of situations that are dangerous; to rely on Him for every provision that you are given; and most importantly, to be brining the message of Christ to all nations under heaven.   Can you imagine?   Knowing that you are supposed to be right where you are, doing what you are doing, right when you are doing it because you have to, and have chosen to, rely on God for every little aspect of your life.   Well friends, I am not out spreading the me...