Skip to main content

Mighty Power

So we all know that god created the universe and everything in it.  Genesis tells us that.  We know that he created the birds and the beasts and that he LOVES US MORE THAN THEM!  Mat 10: 29-31: “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.  And event eh very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”   So we know this, but do we appreciate it?

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go hiking with my extended family at the Starved Rock State Park in northern IL.  Other than being exhausted from caring an almost 2 year old on my hip the entire time up and down the multiple stair cases, it is always such a humbling experience to walk among nature.  To look around you and be surrounded by trees and leaves and see a beautiful canyon that has been carved out by a small trickle of water.  Looking at a small little pool of water that then trickles down farther to make a little stream.  The true power and force and might of our ever-changing world is awe inspiring. 

Imagine being the first man or woman alive.  You are created from dust; there is no one like you around other than your companion.  Trees, grass, and animals surround you.  No roads, no boardwalks to get anywhere easily- it is just you and God.  You reach down to try to discover what this soft ground that God has made is.  It makes it easier to walk and cool and refreshing.  You don’t know about all the stuff we learned in biology class how it feeds itself and keeps nourishment going back and forth to all the sections from it’s roots.  All you know is this amazing, green, plush carpet was made for you.

Now fast forward to the present- we know about biology – we know about just how complicated everything is.  We know that the sun helps to turn water into food for the plants and all the complexities that go into growing things.  We know that there are little veins that carry this to every area.  We know that one blade of grass is more complex than we could have ever figured out on our own.

Look around – to the trees.  I see birds, and bugs and leaves and squirrels and all other types of animals.  Every single one of those things has a complex system that makes it go.  Even a tiny little bug has an amazing system that makes it function and fulfill its purpose in life.  The bugs are nourishment for birds and other animals, but they also help decompose rotting trees.  Birds are food for predators, but they also help spread seeds and plant new plants to continue the circle of life.  How crazy is all that?

Think about it – the God that put all this into place.  The God that is just THAT amazing- the God that was able to know more about biology, chemistry and any other science in on day (since HE created it all) LOVES YOU.  HE LOVES ME!!!!  He created us for more than one purpose too!  He created us in his image.  He created us to be His companions.

For the birds and bugs and other animals, they do the things that God created them to do for the simple reason that that is all they know.  If ALL we know is being God’s companion how much better would this world be?  God gave us a spirit of free will.  That means that we get to make our own decisions in life.  My decision is to honor the ONE that made me.  The ONE that formed me in my mother’s womb and has a purpose and a plan for my life.  I want my spirit to honor him.  So although he gave me a spirit of free will, I want to use it to do HIS will and to honor Him. 

He cares more about me than a whole flock of sparrows.  Sparrows- the birds that eat trash – he cares about them!  He cares about me so much more!  How awesome is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the