Skip to main content

Why should I believe in the God of the Bible?

Well why should I, how can I tell people to believe in God if I don’t know the background and the reasons that I do?  It is something that I have actually been struggling with a lot lately.  I have known since birth that God is good, God is Love etc…  But I have never really been explained why I should believe in God and why the God of the Bible is the right God.  There are so many different Gods out there, why is our God the right God? 

First, we have to look at if there is a God or not.  Science and scientist from Albert Einstein to PhD’s and scholars and Nobel Peace Prize winning scientists are in agreement that there actually IS a God.

Einstein says, “Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe- a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we, with our modest powers, must feel humble.”

George Wald, a Nobel Laureate in medicine and physiology says, “When it comes to the origin of life, there are only two possibilities: creation or spontaneous generation.  There is no third way.  Spontaneous generation was disproved one hundred years ago, but that leads us to only one other conclusion, that of supernatural creation,  We cannot accept that on philosophical grounds; therefore, we choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance!"

Even when you look at a blade of grass it is so obvious that something, somewhere had to make that.  I mean – every little vein working together to make it grow and nourish.  The idea of a God isn’t THAT hard to believe, but WHY is  MY GOD the best god.  There are so many “gods” and religions out there.  So many of them preach about peace and love and devotion, why should I believe the God of the Bible, one that is jealous and sometimes vengeful but also loving and the best thing ever!?  Why is that God, the God that I have always believed in, the true God?  I mean- if someone doesn’t believe in the God of the Bible – then the Bible verses aren’t going to help their lives- it is just a good moral standard to live by.

But so why is MY GOD the RIGHT God?  Am I following by faith alone, or is there scientific proof that my God is the right god?  First, it is apparent that scientifically, the Bible describes things that are mentioned in History.  It wasn’t like the people that wrote the scriptures sat down and said, “I am going to write a book of the Bible today”, instead, there books all over the world, written by different nationalities in different parts of the world that are all proven by historic events and all correlate with each other.  These people did not know each other, and didn’t have a great way of communicating with each other, but still documented the same things about the same God. 

Lets look at just a few of these.  There are battles that are being fought that could never have been won and nations that were described not only in the Bible, but in the history scrolls too. When God made the sun stand still for a fight to continue, it was documented in history that that day lasted longer than others as if the “sun stood still”.  Lets take the Egyptians as an example.  The Pharaoh and their rule of the Hebrew nation, the slavery of the nation, the information about Moses and the 10 plagues and the 1st born of every household dying.  All these things have historical backing.  Historical proof of the bible is AMAZING.  How could people, without great ways of communicating, all have documented the same things the same way? 

There is Historical proof of Biblical items and Biblical truth of Historical Items.  Next, there is proof of textual evidence- the dead sea scrolls.  And third- there is scientific proof of much of what has gone on in the Bible.  (my sources for some of this is located at the bottom of the blog).

Therefore, if this is the true God and the Bible is proven by History and Science, then doesn’t that mean that the Bible is true?  Doesn’t that mean that I should probably be following the Bible and reading it and understanding it and living by it.  Since the God of the Bible is true, then we need to strive to live righteously (see blog on righteousness). 

These are only some very basic facts and figues.  There is a ton of information out there!  I am blessed and proud to serve the true God and even more blessed that He loved me so much that he sent his son to die on the cross for my sin and save me from certain death!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the