Skip to main content

the Great Physician

Have you ever let something consume your thoughts, your whole life?  Have you let it seep into every aspect of your life including your health?  Dwelling on drama is never a good thing.  I have been completely guilty of this in the past.  Drama is something that can sometimes go away but sometimes it can just sit there, build up and become an infection.  I have a friend that has had an ear ache for over a month now, actually going on one and a half months.  At first, they just hoped that it would go away.  It didn’t hurt that badly, just was annoying.  Then it escalated, they were unable to sleep at night due to pain, over the counter medicines weren’t helping- and this friend finally went to the doctor. 

To no one’s surprise, it was an ear infection.  The doctor prescribed a drug and said if it didn’t feel better, to call in a few days.  Have you ever noticed that when they say that it almost always will fall on a weekend then?  So it didn’t feel better after two days and my friend called the doctor since they didn’t want to wait all weekend for it to just get worse and more painful.  They upped the medication dosage to see if that would help.  A week later, my friend had to go back into the doctor’s office.  The doctor said that the infection had now moved into the inner ear.  So more medication and different medication and drops etc…

Drama is something that if not dealt with can become an infection in our lives, our friendships, our work place, our churches.  If we do not deal with drama head on, when it starts, it continues to fester, to grow, to become more of an infection that we can’t deal with and ultimately, bad things can happen.  If you let it go to long, usual remedies will not deal with the issues.  The trick when sick is to catch the problem before it becomes too much of a problem you can’t deal with it. 

I am guilty of being the kind of person when I get sick I avoid the doctor’s office.  I don’t want to go in unless necessary.  I want my body to try to heal itself instead of introducing all these drugs into my system.  Sometimes though, you can’t heal yourself.  You need that extra help so that permanent damage isn’t done.  Sometimes, the medication and is the key. 

Jesus is known as the Great Physician.  He was known as this because he was able to heal the sick, make the lame walk again and cure all sorts of diseases.  He can also be the Great Physician in your life.  In the situations at work, or groups you are part of.  He can heal broken relationships.  It isn’t always going to be painless or immediate.  But HE is the medicine that we need to use to heal when we have let infections into our life.  If a dose of Him isn’t strong enough, call upon Him for a stronger dose.  He will use other people (medications) to help heal the hurt, the pain and the infection also. 

If we let God, the infection will be conquered.  The drama that is taking over our lives can be healed, but we have to seek Him first.  We have to seek him at the beginning when it is easy to heal and not at the end when the infection is so bad Jesus is our last ditch effort.  Dealing with a problem when it starts is much better than letting it fester, grow deeper and stronger and have more issues infect other areas of our lives. 

Comments

  1. Great devotion & reminder! Why is it that we know things but we don't apply them. We need to stay in the Word for the daily reminders...Thanks for ALL you do! {hugs} & prayers for healing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the