Skip to main content

Job Opening

I know that the economy is bad right now and that there are a lot of people that are out of work.  I also know that I can’t tell you the number of help wanted ads and signs that I have seen.  The Social Service agency that I work for currently has 3 openings.  Some of the openings that I have seen are higher education and pay grade while some of them are lower education, but very, very, very needed!  Some jobs require you to have specialized training and some require a good background and so not everyone qualifies for every position. 

It always amazed me when working in human resources, the amount of people that just assumed that we owed them a job.  That we owed them something.  That coming to a staffing agency was like saying – you have to give me a job.  Many of them were currently on unemployment and they just had to prove that they had applied, or checked in for the week, when they purposefully ruined the interview so that they wouldn’t be called into work. 

But there were also the people on the other end of the spectrum.  They wanted to work like crazy and something was prohibiting them.  They may have had a terrible background, but have changed.  They might have hurt themselves in the past at work and now can’t perform the duties that are required for specific positions.  People that may not have the education required for the position, but they have the common sense and the attitude to make them perfect for the position. 

When we were younger- everyone asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up…  There was the ever famous, astronaut, president of the US, princess, doctor, lawyer, wedding planner and the list goes on…  Mine was a missionary.  HA!  Most kids don’t think about that, but I wanted to go all over the world and share God’s good news.  It is funny sometimes how things and callings change.  I wasn’t ready for that kind of mission.  I am still not ready for it spiritually.  So God has called me to something else.  During this time, I have had kids, multiple jobs both full and part-time.

Well, I have good news for me and everyone out there.  There is a perfect job opening for us.  It isn’t good monetary pay, it might have bad hours, you could be called in the middle of the night, and it is a full time position that you take on along with your normal full time job.  I would assume that the wanted ad should read something like this:

Looking for self motivated individuals willing to work long hours.  Helping people, making a difference in the world and in lives of many.  Must be dedicated and want to glorify something higher than themselves.  Needing organizers, laborers, prayer warriors, ministers and teachers. To apply, please contact God by getting on your knees and praying.  EOE…  (Equal Opportunity Employer)

There are so many different needs for this position.  And the openings are endless.  It is a job that may not provide for you financially, but it will spiritually, emotionally, physically.  It is a job that everyone can do – they just have to WANT to do it.  There are no qualifications for this position other than you have to have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  Once you start this job, the training (from the Bible) will guide you and lead you in this position. 

I have heard a lot about callings lately.  A lot about how you just have to be willing to be called and you will be called to the ministry where you are needed.  Well the fact of the matter is that we ARE ALL ALREADY CALLED- it says so in the Bible.  We are told to go and make disciples of all nations. 

Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…”

It doesn’t say – only if you feel like it – or if you feel called- it just says to GO.  We need to be sure that we are living up to our potential as Christians.  Whether it is to be a great Godly parent, to volunteer at our church, to join our church, to GO to church.  God didn’t tell us that once we became Christians we should just sit around and do nothing with it – he instructed us to follow him.  To come with Him on His journey and He will make us fishers of men.  He instructed us to come with him and made disciples of all nations. 

So if we just do one thing to impact one life for Christ every day – can you imagine the difference that we could make in the world? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the