Skip to main content

Reflections

I have been spending the last month or so reflecting.  Reflection on what my life is and if it is where I want it to be and if this is what I want to be doing.  I have had some medical issues (that have, for the most part, resolved themselves) that has prohibited me from getting on the computer and really digging into my study of God’s word.  Now I have been studying God’s word and have some new and great ideas and options, but I haven’t been diving in like I want to be.  I haven’t been evaluating every verse like I used to.  Now that my back is feeling better (for now) I am able to sit and reflect.

So the Bible reading that my “plan” had for me today was in Proverbs.  How can you read Proverbs quickly?  Each verse has its own message wrapped all up into one small little phrase.  If someone spoke in proverbs today, we would look at them very strangely, but we have an entire book of them available to us, a book full of teaching and understanding and we often times just graze through them.  This morning, a lot of the verses stuck out to me, but none so much as Proverbs 10:26 “Like vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, So is the lazy one to those who send him.” 

I think perhaps it stuck out to me as I know how nasty vinegar is and how much smoke hurts my eyes when at a campfire.  I know that vinegar makes everything hurt, yes, even my teeth and that smoke makes my eyes water and dries them out and makes them burn.  The feeling doesn’t go away quickly either.  The only way that the feeling goes away is to remove yourself from the situation.  To get rid of the pain you must eat something pleasing to your mouth and move away from the smoke. 

So when we are being lazy and not following the paths that God has laid out for us, are we causing Him to take the blessings that He has in store for us and give them to somewhere else?  God has blessings for this world.  He is asking us to be His vessel to pour them out.  When we are being lazy and not doing it, not seeking Him, not following His paths, does that mean that the world wont get the blessing?  Does that mean that someone might not get saved?  I think that God will use someone else to bless that person and situation ultimately, but we aren’t going to be the one being utilized.  How great does it feel when we are used to be the blessing for God?  It is an amazing feeling that none can compare to.  But when we are lazy and do things out of ritual and out of habit and don’t open ourselves up, we are most likely missing a blessing for ourselves and one that we can give to others.

So today, lets open ourselves up, lets be a blessing to God, to ourselves and to others.  Lets let the love of Christ flow through us and bless those around us.  Let us be His hands and feet and ears and go give those hurting a big hug.  God is good- All the TIME.  ALL THE TIME-  GOD IS GOOD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing

This past year, I have been learning a lot about balancing the books.  I am blessed with an amazing husband who has always taken care of the financial aspects of or marriage, including me in on important decisions and making things work and helping me to understand; but when you run your own (confidential) business, you have to do it yourself.  I would say I was doing okay, but it is HARD to get the right balance when you aren't used to it.  I have to be very diligent and stay on top of things or I have to go back and try to correct things and remember things.  It is really a challenge.  I am NOT a numbers or math person.   Then I began thinking about life in general, how it is difficult sometimes to manage and balance the times in life that are very busy or more challenging.  How often do we just let things slide and then go back and try to fix them later? During my reading of Isaiah 40 this morning, I was reminded that God is better at balance than anyone out ther

Daily Bread

I have a dog.  He is cute , but he is still a dog.  That means that he is reliant on me.  He likes me no matter what, If I am not around him, he flips out a little and has anxiety.  If others try to claim him or take care of him when I'm not around, he growls and barks at them.  My dog's name is Spike .  He is a Yorkie.  I promised my husband if he got me a girlie dog, I would name it something masculine so he wouldn't have to go outside and yell fru fru when calling our dog.  Spike knows that I take care of him.  He knows that my husband and I are the two that take care of him the most.  The kids try to play with him and he runs to us with the toys.  The kids try to take him out and he only comes back when one of us calls him.  He knows our voice and respects our voice.  He also is needy.  Like he relies on us to take him outside to do his business and to feed him and give him water.  Spike will let us know when he is out of food or water, he goes to his dish and bumps

The Easter Story with M&Ms

I am preparing for my oldest daughter's school party for Easter.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out a cheap, but awesome party favor to give to everyone.  One of the things that I love about her going to a Christian School is I can do things like this. I looked at all the Easter M&M Poems out there, and didn't really like them, they didn't flow quite right or, which may have bothered me more, they didn't go in the order they set out in the beginning of the poem.  We have a discount grocery store in town and they had large bags of M&Ms on sale for $1.80 so I bought a bunch and will be splitting them up and putting them with this poem that I made up instead.  It is definitely inspired by the Christmas one that is floating around out there and a few of the other Easter ones- so I can't take credit for the creativity of the M W 3 and E idea.... The TRUE Easter story isn't about a bunny - it is about a Salvation - about a Savior that died on the